
There are two things I'll call my hobbies that bring me great pleasure....playing the banjo, and playing golf. For practical purposes, I'll say that the banjo is my winter-time hobby, and golf is my good weather pastime. Since this blog focuses on golf, I'm going to try and write articles that might be entertaining, informative, and hopefully along the way might even give some helpful tips to other golfers.
This is a sport that anyone can enjoy...young, older, men, women, children; and that's one of the things I like the most about it. You don't have to be a Tiger Woods or Bobby Jones to go out on the course and have a great time, but the more you play and get involved, the more you will find yourself wanting to get better and better at the game. It's only natural, especially when you make that perfect swing and hit the ball stiff 6 inches from the cup, you simply can't wait to do it again. That's where another part of this wonderful game comes into play...the frustration.

You see, golf is a game that can't be mastered in my opinion. You can practice for hours on end, you can play from dawn to dusk, and believe me, with a lot of practice, you will get very good. Oh, but you won't ever master the game. There will always be those errant shots, that bad bounce, gust of wind, whatever might happen to throw you off, but you will find that even with all the frustration that goes with it, you will want to get right back out there and do it again.
To me, golf is also relaxing, even with the above mentioned frustrations. When you reach that point that you make up your mind to do your best and enjoy whatever results you get, then it becomes fun. I mean, really fun. I enjoy being outdoors anyway, so that's a big plus to me, and the beauty of the golf courses with their rolling fairways, manicured greens, the trees, water, and simple beauty of nature, well, what more could I ask for on a beautiful summer day?
If I'm not on the golf course, you might find me any day of the week at the driving range. This is another day of fun, filled with work that doesn't seem like work at all, but practice that makes my abilities for those different shots possible. I'm lucky to have a range close by with yardage markers, good practice greens, sand bunkers for practice, a nice chipping area, so I can spend a whole day there just working on every aspect of my game. I plan to get into some practice routines in the next few posts that help me, and hopefully will help you also. Remember, the more you practice, the more comfortable you get with your swing, and the better you will enjoy the game when you're actually on the course.
I hope you will follow my blog, and get some insights on the game, and some of you who are already golfers out there please feel free to leave comments and tips of your own to share with the readers. Thank you for reading, and continue to come back often.

0 comments:
Post a Comment